Introducing your new best friend. This sleek, durable, lifelong razor will give you a shave so close you’ll wonder why you didn’t make the switch earlier.
And the best part… it’s made entirely of recyclable and sustainable material. Meaning no plastic! Yay! So whilst having an amazingly smooth shave, you’ll also be reducing your usage of single use plastic (lowering your environmental footprint), and be well on your way to a sustainable bathroom routine.
This item includes:
- 1 x Mint plastic-free reusable safety razor
- 10 x Replacement double-sided razor blades giving around 80 shaves (approx. 5-8 shaves per blade)
THINKING ABOUT MAKING THE SWITCH BUT HAVEN’T QUITE GOT THERE?
This is one fence where the grass really is greener on the other side. Here are 5 simple reasons why we LOVE our reusable razors.
Multi-blade, disposable, plastic cartridges are arguably the most wasteful product we use in our bathrooms, with an estimated 2 billion razors ending up in landfill each year from the US alone! This is the equivalent weight of 2,933 African elephants! With the head made from zinc alloy and the handle brass, this razor is completely plastic-free and fully recyclable (including the blades!). Making the switch gives a guilt free, zero-waste shave.
Time for some maths… Stay with me. Disposable razors heads allow for 7-10 shaves, meaning if shaving every other day, the cartridge will need to be replaced every 2-3 weeks. Cartridges are typically $20 for a 3 pack (~$7 each), so that’s up to $182 a year on plastic razor heads that end up in the landfill polluting our planet. Our zero-waste razor lasts a lifetime and replacement blades are fraction of the cost at 50c a blade (which lasts the same as a cartridge). Win win!
3. Cleaner, closer shave
Our safety razors have one single blade rather than 3 or 5, allowing for a more gentle shave helping to prevent shaving rash, razor burn and ingrown hairs. The key is to shave with the grain, not against.
4. Safety first
They’re not called safety razors for no reason. Our razors are closed comb meaning the blade is placed between the guard plate and comb plate, giving you more control of the blade so you’re less likely to cut yourself.
5. The one for all, and all for one
These razors do not discriminate. A unisex item suitable for legs, heads, underams, beards…. You name it, our razors will shave it. Wherever the area, just take it nice and slow the first couple of times and you will be a pro before you know it.
SETTING UP YOUR SAFETY RAZOR
- Twist the handle anti-clockwise to unscrew it from the guard plate and comb plate and separate the pieces.
- Place the guard plate so that the side with the Plant & Prosper logo is facing down.
- Gently take a razor blade out of the packet holding the non-sharp edges and guide the blade on to the guard plate so that the holes align.
- Place the comb plate on top of the blade so that the comb (the grooved part) is closest to the blade.
- Screw on handle
How to use
- Prepare the skin as you usually would. Getting set for a safety razor shave is no different to prepping for a cartridge shave.
- Maintain a 30-45 degree, using only the weight of the razor. Unlike cartridge shaves, no pressure is needed for a close shave as the weighted handle of this razor gives you all the force that you need.
- Shave with the grain, not against. This is an important step to reduce the likelihood of ingrown hairs and ensure a smooth, clean shave.
- Use short strokes. Rather than one long stroke from ankle to knee, use multiple short strokes rinsing in between. Do your best not to re-shave an area of skin, as this is the easiest way to avoid irritation.
- Rinse with cold water to close pores. Apply any soothing lotion or balms that you usually would.
To dispose of your blades safely, collect these in a tin and once full, take them to a sharps disposal unit.
LOOKING AFTER YOUR SAFETY RAZOR
By following a couple of simple steps you can ensure that your safety razor sticks with you through thick and thin (*no hair pun intended).
- Post shave, gently open the razor head, remove blade and rinse both the razor and blade.
- Completely dry the razor and blade and store in a dry place (not the shower or bathtub)
NB: The colouring comes from electroplating meaning this is not surface level so will not wear away.